A friend introduced me to Swiss Lemonade (Limonada Suiça) a few years back and I've been hooked ever since. It's become one of my favorite go-to drinks during the summer months. The best part is that it only calls for a couple of ingredients and is super easy to make. Give it a try, it's a perfect non-alcoholic beverage option to serve this long-holiday weekend. Have a happy Memorial Day!
Serves approximately 4
- 4 limes *try to pick ones with thin, smooth skins
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups of cold water
1. Wash limes, cut off both ends (discard) and cut lime in half lengthwise. Cut each half into quarters.
2. Blend the limes (peel included) with 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk and 2 cups of cold water in an electric blender, pulsing five times or until coarsely chopped.
3. Pour through a strainer into a pitcher. Be sure to press the blended mixture down with the back of a spoon along the strainer, to force as much liquid out as possible.
4. Pour the strained liquid back into the blender and blend with remaining 2 cups of water until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness by adding more condensed milk if needed. I personally like to use the entire can.
5. Serve over ice. Enjoy!
PS. Feel free to add some rum for some fun :)
Best served immediately.