The Perfect Summer Drink - Swiss Lemonade
A friend introduced me to Swiss Lemonade (Limonada Suiça) a few years back and I've been hooked ever since. It's become one of my favorite go-to drinks during the summer months. The best part is that it only calls for a couple of ingredients and is super easy to make. Give it a try, it's a perfect non-alcoholic beverage option to serve this long-holiday weekend. Have a happy Memorial Day!
Serves approximately 4
- 4 limes *try to pick ones with thin, smooth skins
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups of cold water
1. Wash limes, cut off both ends (discard) and cut lime in half lengthwise. Cut each half into quarters.
2. Blend the limes (peel included) with 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk and 2 cups of cold water in an electric blender, pulsing five times or until coarsely chopped.
3. Pour through a strainer into a pitcher. Be sure to press the blended mixture down with the back of a spoon along the strainer, to force as much liquid out as possible.
4. Pour the strained liquid back into the blender and blend with remaining 2 cups of water until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness by adding more condensed milk if needed. I personally like to use the entire can.
5. Serve over ice. Enjoy!
PS. Feel free to add some rum for some fun :)
Best served immediately.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in MUSINGS
Just as the green earth has begun her own fresh start, so must we continue on our journeys of growth and discovery. Green aventurine gives us the confidence and motivation to pursue the chances in front of us, especially those we do not see immediately. It opens our hearts and minds, encouraging us to receive in abundance, but also to recognize the plethora of blessings we already have that we may be taking for granted, such as a loving family or friends, a place to call home, a parking spot in the busiest lot, or the perfect cup of coffee. Green aventurine shows us the many ways in which our lives can be full of abundance and prosperity.