Join Our Team!
MEUS is a Queer, POC- and woman-owned shop with a whole lotta heart. We value unique, high-quality products, community involvement, social awareness and activism, and the art of gift-giving. We have a communal relationship with our customers rather than transactional and are looking for a new member to join our close-knit team!
Location: Maplewood, NJ
What we’re looking for…
PT Sales Associate | Apply HERE
We are currently looking for a Part-Time Retail Sales Associate, with potential to become a Full-Time Team Member. We are focusing on applicants with retail experience, but quick learners are also appreciated.
The relationships we foster with our customers are the most important part of our brand. Employees must be confident in building and maintaining these relationships through an empathetic attitude, kind disposition, and resourceful problem-solving. Meus is looking for someone who is able to multitask and wear many hats, as this position requires an ability to prioritize a variety of responsibilities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Sales, tracking and analysis
- Product development and production
- Day-to-day operations (opening and closing procedures, maintaining shop appearance, restocking shelves, monitoring and fulfilling online orders, etc.)
- Managing existing and receiving new inventory
- Customer service (in person, phone, and email)
- Working closely with owner and other team members to meet sales goals and grow the business (i.e. staying on top of trends, representing customer’s voice).
- Flexible schedule including Saturday and Sunday
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- High standard of service and environment
- Proficient in English reading & writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior retail experience and/or experience with Shopify preferred
- High school diploma / equivalent or higher
While not required, prior awareness of our brand and the brands we carry, as well as a proficiency in Photoshop and/or Canva are a big plus.
If you relate to the following, we think you could be a great fit for our team:
- You have a love for independent design and a passion for jewelry, self-care, and artisan goods.
- Your friends would describe you as outgoing, warm, and vibrant with a friendly disposition.
- You work well under pressure and pride yourself on an ability to multitask without sacrificing attention to detail.
- You are looking to develop a wide skillset while learning the ins and outs of running a small business.
- You appreciate organization and efficiency and consider yourself a self-starter that takes initiative.
- You thrive in an environment that keeps you busy with a wide variety of responsibilities.
- You’re a creative person with an inclination for visually and aesthetically pleasing compositions (i.e. gift wrapping)
- You’re eager to be involved in your community and value social awareness and activism.
- You prefer a smaller, more intimate team that values your work.
- You can have fun while working hard.
Drop ins and phone calls will not be accepted.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law. MEUS is an equal opportunity employer. All are welcome.