Daydreaming of warmer days? This creamy and refreshing coconut based smoothie might do the trick. A traditional Venezuelan staple, it is the perfect smoothie to recreate, and can be made vegan to taste. Its versatility is convenient when you don’t have every ingredient on hand. Substitutions, including your choice of milk, sweetener, and coconut flakes or pulp, add great variety to the usual smoothie.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Serves approximately 4
- 2 cups coconut milk, or any milk of your choice
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- ½ can sweetened condensed milk, or 2 tbsp. any sweetener (honey, agave, sugar)
- Ice to taste
- ½ Tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- dark Rum or Vodka to taste (optional)
Blend milk, shredded coconut, sweetener, rum or vodka, ice and cinnamon until as smooth as possible. Serve immediately with a dash of cinnamon on top. Enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.